IF you have been paying attention to me on twitter the last few days I was whining about studying for the CCNA. Even though I work with switching on a regular basis for the past 5 years there is still lots of little details you forget about when it comes to the intricacies of how a network works. That being said, I don’t normally work on border routers ever anymore. It has probably been 3 years since I configured a router to route, I mostly play with Layer 3 switches for Inter-VLAN activity. I was surprised by how much has changed since I last passed the CCNA in 2006. Some quick non-test question disclosing thoughts.
- No Subnetting or Binary math conversions! What? You Say. Yes I was disappointed too.
- Normal questions on VTP, VLANs, routing, IP.
- Know ACL and EIGRP, no OSPF this time around and almost zero about RIP
- Upset by there still being Frame relay questions, I mean come on really? DLCI and Inverse ARP?
- Extra IPv6 questions and wireless LAN too. I did not really like prepare for WIFI and IPv6 so I am very glad that didn’t cost me.
I used some online practice tests to fine tune what will be tested. I can’t just memorize answers I need to actually practice the SIMs and Labs. So practice tests for me are perfect for this.
Best of all I can relax over the New Year holiday and not worry about VLANS and network masks and all of that… Have a great 2012 everyone.
One thought on “CCNA Exam Experience and Happy New Year”
Wow, sadly enough there are enough acronyms I DON’T know in there to make me realize my geek cred has gone down a few points. I gotta study up again!!!!
Happy New Year to ya homeskillet! Did you make it until midnight?! I wouldn’t have if it wasn’t for Jen and I having a Torchlight marathon to pass the time 8^D
Hug da fam for me!
Uno uno seis in MMXII!!!!!
[:: Sean ::]