Around this time last year I blogged that I was joining EMC as a Sr. vSpecialist. Well that is just what happened and at the beginning of the year I started at EMC. I have been between Georgia and Florida quite a few times sharing with customers about VMware and EMC. It has been great fun and lots of hard work.
- vSphere 5 was released, always fun to meet with customers and share what is new and how it can help them out.
- Demos, showing customers actually what is available to simplify their environments. The Virtual Storage Integrator (VSI) is a big one, also View 5, the VNXe VMware provisioning wizard, the Cisco UCS (I even help out my Cisco brothers). This in addition to showing off EMC storage.
- Chances to share the wonders and pros and cons of vMSC with VPLEX.
- Even more out there for me being the former VMware installation guy, introducing people to Greenplum, Isilon, how “big data” relates to their business, hadoop, vFabric, Springsource, Cloudfoundry
- I even wrote a Ruby on Rails app that shows me my twitter status updates(slightly better than Hello World) that runs on Micro CloudFoundry (but not CloudFounry public if you can help I will take it).
- Went to EMCworld and VMworld in Las Vegas. Was so busy did not get to see as many people from the community that I wanted. Something that needs to be fixed next year by me.
- Passed VCP 5
- Work with an amazing team of people that get me because they are a lot like me.
- Personally we had our third child in August so it has been especially chaotic around this house (probably resulting any many blog ideas getting forgotten long before they reach the web).
All together I am stoked that it seems like there is something to learn everyday and that keeps me very excited. Really looking forward to next year.